Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Plyometrics: muscle is loaded and then contracted in rapid sequence.

Plyometric training involves practicing plyometric movements to toughen tissues and train nerve cells to stimulate a specific pattern of muscle contraction so the muscle generates as strong a contraction as possible in the shortest amount of time. I do PLYO's once a week and I have to mentally prepare myself because it is by far the hardest, heart pumping - out of my chest - explosion type workout I've ever done. My trainer took these photos of me to give you an idea of what this entails. IT IS KILLER! BUT FANTASTIC FOR THE BOOTY! TRY IT  & NO BREAKS IN BETWEEN! (just a few after each round).

1. box jumps - 3 sets of 20
2. push ups on the squishy ball or medicine ball - 3 sets of 15
3. squat jumps w/ 10lbs weights- 3 sets of 20
4. push ups 3 sets of 15
5. jump rope - 50 swings lol
(we change it up every week)


1 comment:

Teresa said...

You are my inspiration Cristina!!! Woohoo...go girl. Luv ya <3 <3