Monday, January 18, 2010

I have strength, courage, and a whole lot of willpower!


First of all this is really weird...i feel like i'm writing in my teddy bear diary from grade school. When i was 15 years old I was flipping through a SHAPE magazine and I saw a picture of a healthy, fit & strong woman - Gabrielle Reece.  I tore out the page and taped it to my closet door. I no longer have the picture but it's still imprinted in my mind. She embodies the perfect concept of a physically fit person. After many failed New Years resolutions &Yo-Yo diets later (umm..yea, i've always been overweight) - I'm currently training to be in the BEST shape of my life.


Sept 2009:
 i picked up an issue of Muscle Fitness at the gym & I flipped through a section called "Fitness Bikini -"Tall Class".  I saw pictures of tall, strong & beautiful women (i'm 5'11) Bre (my trainer) thought i had the perfect build to to compete... (she competed in over 20 shows). She told me to buy an issue of OXYGEN magazine & to think about it. I ran across the street to Borders bookstore & i suddenly got teary eyed as i sat in my car looking through the magazine.  You may think that's silly...but someone offered to help make my dream come true and I had already made up my mind. :D (yes!) If I'm passionate about something... I always go for it. Hell YESSSSSSSSSSS!

No comments: